Schwitzer Hall Student Center Cafeteria & Dining Hall
The original Schwitzer Student Center was opened in 1955. In 2002 the University of Indianapolis successfully completed a new 47,500 SF building addition and renovation of the existing 23,600 facility. The goal was to breathe new life into the existing facility and develop a student activity hub within the university. With a goal to foster more interaction and sense of community among students and staff, the cafeteria and food service areas were redesigned to accommodate more of a food court designed as multiple cafés, with diverse menu options, a coffee bar, breakout dining rooms, multiple lounge areas, and snack shop, all within the familiar and beloved Schwitzer Student Center. The gathering and lounge areas were rejuvenated with new finishes and inviting, comfortable seating. The new cafeteria included custom menu boards and restaurant style branding targeting the menu choices that support the diverse student body, representing over 50 countries.